Who we are
Our website address is: Our website address is: https://leatherjacketmakers.com/
What personal data we collect and why we collect it?
- When you sign up to our newsletter or updates
- When you enter competitions and prize draws
- Which you complete, or which we complete at your request in-store via a store card
- When you place an order on our Website
- If you ask us to keep in touch with you
- If you ask us to receive personalized online content such as targeted advertising
- If you complete a survey or send us feedback about our products, Websites or stores
- If you contact or correspond with us (for example, by phone, email or otherwise) to find out more about a product or our after sale care and support services, to report a problem with the Website or a product or for any other reason
The personal information you give us may include your first and surname, title, gender, birthrate (day and month), email address, phone number, address, financial information (such as credit or debit card details), as well as shipping address, billing address, and any other information that you consider necessary to provide us with.
The information collected from you via our Website will be matched with personal information you may have given us in our stores. This is to help us ensure that the data we hold about you is kept accurate and up to date.
Why do we use your data?
We may use and share non-personal data we receive or collect from you without restrictions.
Leather Jacket Makers may use the above personal data held about you for the following purposes (purposes for which we need your consent are marked *):
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us, i.e. to process and complete your orders and to process your payments
- To remind you of products you have placed in your basket on the Website, but have not purchased*
- To help us identify you and accounts you hold with us
- To manage and improve the Website and the services we provide through the Website
- To tailor our Website content to your needs and preferences*
- To manage the security of the Website and data collected via the Website
- To provide other services requested by you, as described when we collect the data
- To prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, security breaches, violations of law, and other misuse of the Website, and to enforce our General Terms and Conditions
- To address any inquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised
- For our internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes and troubleshooting
- To notify you about changes to any element of the Website
- To provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about. We will only contact you by email with such information if you have consented to this. More information about this is set out below under the heading “legal basis for processing”*
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we provide to you and others
- To deliver relevant advertising to you, for example, newsletters*
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about other products or services that may be of interest to you*
- We may also use your personal data when carrying out automated decision-making and profiling for the purpose of identifying what information or advertising you might like to see from us, for example, by creating individual or group profiles*
- Where you have consented, we may also share your information with members of the Leather Jacket Makers Group and concession stores for marketing purposes*
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How do we store and protect your data?
We endeavor to protect your data by storing it on secure servers and by using technical and organisational security measures to safeguard your personal data and to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access controls. Please understand, however, that no system is perfect or can guarantee that unauthorized access or theft will not occur.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access restricted areas of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal information but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted via the Website; any transmission is therefore at your own risk (.Data is encrypted in transit). Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features (as mentioned above) to try and prevent unauthorized access.
How do we retain your data?
We will not store your personal data for longer than we need to use it in accordance with this notice. Unless we let you know otherwise (or you request we erase your personal data), we will keep your personal data as you remain a client with us or continue to wish to keep in touch with us.
Even if you request that we erase your data, we may still need to keep it (please see below) or may keep it in a form that doesn’t identify you. If you have not agreed that we may use your data for marketing purposes, we will keep your data for 1 years after you have made a purchase from us to assist with warranty / service / repair issues.
What rights you have over your data?
- Access: You have the right to access data we hold about you. We will need you to prove your identity before we release any personal data to you.
- Rectification or erasure: You have the right to request that we rectify or delete any personal data that we hold about you (unless we have the legal right or obligation to retain it).
- Restriction: You have the right to restrict your use of personal information if the data is inaccurate, our use of the information is unlawful or if we no longer need to use the data for the purposes for which we hold it.
- Change of preferences: You can change your data processing preferences at any time. For example, if you have given your consent to direct marketing, but have changed your mind, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us using the details provided below or clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any communication you receive.
- Automated decision making: If you have any questions in respect of our automated decision-making processes or the accuracy of them, please let us know, or to change your preferences, please see above.
- Data portability: You have the right to obtain personal data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) personal data which you have provided to us and (b) if we are processing that data on the basis of your consent (such as your marketing preference information) or to perform a contract with you (such as to manage your online account).
- Complaints: If for any reason you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal data, please contact us. If you are still not happy, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
To exercise any of the rights mentioned above, please write to us at email to: email@example.com
Would you like to know more ?